Our office will be closed over the holiday period from December 22, 2022 to January 2, 2023. Happy Holidays!
Family-Based Immigration Services Immigrating to the U.S. Through Relatives

Filing with USCIS

Need a lawyer for your family-based immigration case in London?

Most family-based immigration cases are filed with USCIS. The process begins with the filing of a number of forms which include the Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130). This form is divided into several sections, including ones which request information about the US citizen and others which require information about the foreign spouse. The form must be signed by the US citizen and any person assisting the US citizen in filling it out. The I-130, along with related forms, are then submitted with the required fee and supporting documentation, including but not limited to evidence of the petitioner's US citizenship status, to the relevant United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office.

Once USCIS receives the case and you receive your case number, you can check the status of your case here.

Filing the Petition for Alien Relative with USCIS

After USCIS approves the I-130 petition, the case is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) when the foreign spouse lives outside the USA. The NVC will send out a DS-3032 which must be filled out and returned. Afterward, the NVC contacts the spouses to collect the Affidavit of Support fee and the Immigrant Visa Processing fee, collect civil and personal documents, obtain an Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from the US citizen, and ensure that the online form (DS-260) is submitted.

Once this stage is completed, you will be notified of your immigrant visa appointment date and your case will be sent to the appropriate US Embassy abroad. The foreign spouse will also have to complete a medical examination with the Embassy-approved doctor prior to the interview appointment.

The final step is the interview at the US Embassy. Assuming all goes well, an immigrant visa will be placed in the foreign spouse's passport, which will be returned to him or her through a pre-arranged courier service.

Helping You Achieve the American Dream

Do you need assistance filing your immigration petition with the USCIS office in London? The American Immigration Law Office LTD is intimately familiar with the filing process and they can prepare the I-130 petition for an alien relative. The firm's attorney thoroughly understands the immigration process and would be delighted to guide you through it. Contact the London firm today by calling +44 (0)208 611 2826 or go online and request a consultation to get started.

Have Experience On Yourside

Trust American Immigration Law Office
  • Experienced

    Our firm has over 35 years of combined legal experienced and solely focus on immigration matters.

  • Compassionate

    We know how trying immigration matters can be and will be there for you every step of the way.

  • Professional

    Regardless of the size or scope of your case, we take the time with our clients in order to give accurate advice & feedback.

  • Knowledgable

    As a firm that has decades of experience with ESTA and immigration matters, we have the foresight you deserve.