Business Visas American Immigration Law Office

U.S. Business Visa Attorney in London

US Immigration Lawyer London Providing Assistance

Sometimes, business requires individuals to travel to the United States for temporary or extended periods of time. These travelers will need to ensure that they have the correct types of visas so they can carry out their business trips in accordance with U.S. immigration laws. There are different types of business visas for different types of circumstances. Some of these include Business Visitor Visas (B-1); Treaty Traders (E-1) and Treaty Investors (E-2) visas; visas for individuals in Specialty Occupations (H-1B); and Intra-Company Transferee visas (L-1A and L-1B).

Need an attorney for a U.S. business visa case in London? If you are from the London area or the UK and are considering a business trip to the U.S., it is in your best interests to consult with a competent US Immigration Lawyer in London. The American Immigration Law Office LTD has such an attorney who can help you determine which type of visa you need to apply for and how to go about the process correctly.

B-1 Visas—Temporary Business Trips

The business visitor visa (or the B-1 visa) is for temporary visits that are made for business-specific purposes. Here are just a few of the types of business travelers who might apply for this type of visa, though there are also others who can qualify:

  • Professional athletes (specifically those who are part of foreign-based teams)
  • Investors seeking business venture opportunities
  • Professionals attending conferences, meetings and other business events
  • Lecturers or speakers for certain types of events
  • Individuals handling the negotiation and signing of contracts for products made outside the U.S.

These individuals are not allowed to receive salaries or income from U.S.-based companies, entities or institutions (although expenses are permitted). They are not allowed to remain in the U.S. beyond their temporary trips.

E-1 & E-2 Visas—Treaty Traders and Investors

When an individual is a citizen of a country with which the U.S. has treaties of commerce and navigation, that person can apply for a Treaty Trader (E-1) visa or Treaty Investor (E-2) visa in order to carry out certain business activities. As outlined by the U.S. Bureau of Consular Affairs, the individual must be obtaining the visa for one of the following reasons:

  • To engage in substantial trade in qualifying activities between the treaty country and the U.S.; or
  • To develop and direct an enterprise's operations after the individual has provided substantial investment for that enterprise

Trade occurs when there is an international exchange of goods, services or technology. A few examples of the types of business activities that involve trade under E visas provisions include communications, insurance, international banking, tourism and transportation. A person who is considered a treaty trader or investor must meet numerous qualifications, which a lawyer can further explain.

L Visas—Intra-company Transfers

Sometimes, employers need to relocate their managers and executives to other countries for business purposes. This might be a U.S. employer transferring an employee from an affiliated foreign office to an U.S. office. Or, it could be a foreign company sending one of its employees to the U.S. to establish an office within the country. When this business need arises, the employee must obtain an L-1A visa.

Certain requirements must be met regarding the employer's relationship with the related foreign company, the employer's business activities while the employee works in the U.S., the employee's role (he or she must be working in an executive or managerial capacity) and various other factors. Employees entering the U.S. to open a new office can initially stay in the country under an L-1A visa for up to a year, while qualified employees transferring to an existing US affiliate can initially stay in the country for up to three years.

There are also L-1B visas available, which allow employers to transfer employees with specialised knowledge from offices in the UK or elsewhere in the world to a qualifying US affiliate enterprise.

Work with a Knowledgeable Legal Professional

Are you looking for a lawyer for your U.S. business visa case in London? The ability to successfully obtain a business visa can have major bearing on your business or career. By working with capable immigration attorney from the American Immigration Office LTD, you can have peace of mind in knowing that you are letting a professional handle this complicated issue for you. Contact us today!

Have Experience On Yourside

Trust American Immigration Law Office
  • Experienced

    Our firm has over 35 years of combined legal experienced and solely focus on immigration matters.

  • Compassionate

    We know how trying immigration matters can be and will be there for you every step of the way.

  • Professional

    Regardless of the size or scope of your case, we take the time with our clients in order to give accurate advice & feedback.

  • Knowledgable

    As a firm that has decades of experience with ESTA and immigration matters, we have the foresight you deserve.